More Q&A with Jeremy
In previous postings, we've documented different questions that Jeremy asks. What makes these so intriguing is that Jeremy tends to ask them out of the blue. He will be playing with his toys (e.g., babbling about some imaginary transformers battle), then suddenly he will ask a question that is on a metaphysical or philosophical level.
Recently, his po-po (grandma) mentioned that Jeremy asked her, "Will I be happy once I am old?"
Another time, he asked me, "Why did God make Satan?"
Today's question was "Why are there more bugs in Spring time?"
I'm always struck by these questions -- my impression of Jeremy is that his thoughts are exclusively on the "here and now." Not surprising, as most children focus on the immediate. Whenever he drops one of these questions, however, I am reminded that the little gears in his brain are actually churning through some of life's mysteries. Even though it doesn't show, there is some thinking going on inside Jeremy's head.
Recently, his po-po (grandma) mentioned that Jeremy asked her, "Will I be happy once I am old?"
Another time, he asked me, "Why did God make Satan?"
Today's question was "Why are there more bugs in Spring time?"
I'm always struck by these questions -- my impression of Jeremy is that his thoughts are exclusively on the "here and now." Not surprising, as most children focus on the immediate. Whenever he drops one of these questions, however, I am reminded that the little gears in his brain are actually churning through some of life's mysteries. Even though it doesn't show, there is some thinking going on inside Jeremy's head.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home