Saturday, March 31, 2007

Karinna, the Golf Fanatic

No one believes me that I did nothing to encourage this...but Karinna has taken a keen interest to golf.

It started when she decided to write a school report on Tiger Woods . For the project, she spent a lot of time researching details of Tiger's life. When I spend time with her, she'll say something out of the blue like "Daddy, did you know that Tiger was only two years gold when he first scored a birdie?" or "One time, Tiger's daddy said that Tiger went potty in the sand trap!" Her report wound up being 15 pages long, so there were plenty of details to be included in the writeup... She's become a huge fan of Tiger Woods. Every time one of his commercials shows up on TV she drops everything she's doing and runs over to watch. Somehow, she got me to agree to taking her to see him play live in a tournament one day. Tiger's pretty amazing, but I wouldn't say I share the same level of fan appreciation that Karinna does. Maybe Uncle Brad can take her to see Tiger...

It also helped that she loves to play Wii Sports -- which includes Wii golf. Karinna and Jeremy spend a lot of time playing the Wii when I'm not around so I didn't realize all the things they pick up from playing these games. It suddenly hit me a while back, when Karinna walked over to me as I was watching a tournament on the Golf Channel and knew exactly what was going on. Colin Montgomery hit a ball into the water and Karinna said, "Uh-oh, water hazard. He'll need to take a lateral." Taken aback, I turned to her and asked "do they talk about that on Wii golf?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home