Thursday, June 15, 2006

Cheering for Tiger Woods

Tiger Woods, the world's #1 golfer, lost his dad to cancer last month. Anyone who follows golf knows about the special father-son relationship Tiger had with his dad. Check out this Nike video. It reminds me of the family photos and videos I see on various blogs. Our children may not grow up to be superstar athletes, but that makes them no less special in the eyes of their parents. This is what impressed me most about that video.

For a long time after his father died, Tiger couldn't play golf because everything in his game reminded him of his father -- so instrumental was Earl Woods in helping his son develop into the most dominant golfer in the world. This weekend, Tiger Woods competes in the US Open golf championship. Everyone knows that he has extra motivation to win. What a fitting tribute to his dad for Tiger to win on Father's Day. I know I'll be cheering for Tiger.

----

Update: So Tiger didn't play well at all during the tournament. In fact, he missed the cut for a major for the first time in his pro career. Maybe I jinxed him...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home