Saturday, February 25, 2006

Business in Japan

When it comes to business partnerships in Japan, the workday includes dining at exclusive restaurants followed up by late night karaoke. Our partners at Mitsubishi invited us to a five-star teppan-yaki restaurant. I've never tasted steak so tender before. Later at the karaoke bar, their CEO (the gentleman on the far right) requested that I sing a Beatles song. Last year, I was informed that it would be a breach of protocol not to participate in karaoke with business partners. So, I had to belt out a couple verses of Yesterday. Talk about taking one for the team...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Word on the street is John Wang's looking into getting Karaoke Revolution for XBox. Care to challenge my head-banging rendition of Whitesnake's "Here I Go Again" with your classic rock? Don't fret, I enjoy the Beatles as well.

Wed Mar 01, 12:28:00 PM PST  
Blogger ivan said...

You're on! Although I think your Eminem is a much truer rendition of the original ;-)

Wed Mar 01, 06:06:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home